The Convention was started in 2013 by the leaders of several churches in the Oban area of Argyll. The intention was to hold Christian conferences in this part of the Scottish Highlands. It is a summer event, and provides for the many tourists who visit the area as well as for local people. Some years a day conference is held in the Spring. It is an independent non-denominational charity and in 2017 it became part of the Keswick Fellowship. Its purpose is:
· to promote biblical teaching
· to present the challenge of the gospel in the teaching of Jesus Christ
· to encourage Christians to adhere to the whole counsel of God as revealed in the Bible
· to emphasise God's call to practical obedience to his Word including missionary responsibility
· to assist people in developing a greater understanding of the Christian faith and heritage including its local context
1. Is this another church?
2. I’m not a Christian. Is this for me too?
3. What can the Convention do for me that my local church can’t?
4. Do you expect us to just sit and listen?
5. What will it cost me to come?
6. What’s in it for local church leaders?
7. Is there children’s or youth work?